Karen Livesey, PhD
1) Single molecule magnets (some of these magnets are biomolecules)
2) Magnetic nanoparticles for use in magnetic hyperthermia and as MRI contrast agents
1. "The magnetic properties of some metallocalixerenes," R. O. Fuller, K. L. Livesey, A. Fleming, R. C. Woodward, T. G. St. Pierre and G. A. Koutsantonis, in preparation.
(Presented in December 2011 at the Inorganic Conference of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute.)
2. "Domain dynamics and ﬂuctuations in artiﬁcial square ice at ﬁnite temperatures", Z. Budrikis, K. L. Livesey, J. P. Morgan, J. Akerman, A. Stein, S. Langdridge, C. H. Marrows and R. L. Stamps, New J. Phys, accepted (2012).
3. "Strain-mediated magnetoelectric coupling in magnetostrictive/piezoelectric heterostructures and resulting high frequency eﬀects," K. L. Livesey, Phys. Rev. B 83, 224420 (2011).
Researcher ID: F-9074-2011