What is the RN to BSN Online option?
The RN to BSN Online Program option is an online degree completion program for the Registered Nurse seeking a bachelor's degree (BSN.)
Who is eligible to participate?
- Holds an active unrestricted RN license
Program Features & Benefits
- Courses are offered online* – Giving you the flexibility to learn!
- Outstanding faculty and curriculum – Providing you with an excellent learning environment.
- History and Reputation for Quality – UCCS Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences has been ranked by US News and World Report, earning a degree you can be proud of.
- Work while you learn – Our program allows for you to continue in your career while you earn your degree.
- Earn your BSN quickly – By maximizing your previous educational experiences you can earn your baccalaureate degree faster!
Why earn a BSN?
- Builds upon and enhances your knowledge and skills
- More career opportunities and options for advancement
- Salary benefits and greater earning potential
- Typically a requirement for employment within Magnet Status organizations.
Admission requirements for the RN to BSN include:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher from ALL colleges ever attended
- RN within 3 years of graduation may apply for entry without clinical practice experience
- RN who graduated more than 3 years ago must have at least 1,000 hours of clinical experience within the last 3 years
- A letter documenting those 1,000 hours of clinical practice must be signed and on the letterhead of the agency where the 1000 hours were earned
- RN who graduated more than 3 years ago and DO NOT have at least 1,000 hours of clinical experience must complete an approved RN Refresher course prior to admission to the program.
- A current unrestricted RN License
All application steps must be completed or your application will be delayed.
- Please download and follow the application checklist.
- Complete an Undergraduate Transfer Application. Go to https://www.uccsadmissions.org/transfer/
- Pay the $50 application fee.
- You will also need to complete the Supplemental Application which is included as a link at the bottom of the Undergraduate Transfer Application.
- Email a copy of your RN license AND a signed letter from the agency where you earned your 1,000 hours of clinical practice (if you earned your RN 3+ years ago) to Tanya Trujillo at email@example.com.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges you have attended to
Office of Admissions & Records
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Transcripts must be sent exactly to the address above please make no changes to the mailing address
- Apr 15th for Summer Semester
- Jun 15th for Fall Semester
- Nov 15th for Spring Semester
Approved or Accredited by:
Due to individual state regulations, we are accepting students from these states:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Students are admitted to our program as a resident of an approved state in which they resided at the time of application. If a student plans to relocate, the student must verify the list of approved states and check with states directly to assure the ability to continue in our program. Some states might require additional paperwork and contract agreements~Give lead time for this process.
For specific questions not answered here, contact our prospective nursing advisor Linda Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.255.3867.
*3 credit hours of NURS 4450 Community Health clinical must be arranged by the student with faculty approval within the home community There are important DEADLINES the semester prior to taking Community Health. ~Watch for notifications in your UCCS email account. | NURS 3010 Pathophysiology - credit may be transferred in OR this course may be taken on site at the UCCS campus.
Copyright 2002-2015, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: Nov 18, 2015