Eligibility/Application Requirements | Applicant Checklist | Readiness Self Assessment | Curriculum | Background Check| HESI A2 Pre-admission Assessment Exam | Simulation Learning Center |
Baccalaureate education provides the entry level preparation for professional nursing practice. This 16 month nursing program is designed for individuals who hold a Bachelor's degree in another field and wish to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN).
All required general education courses and the baccalaureate degree MUST be completed by the end of the fall semester of the current application period.
BSN PROGRAM OUTCOMES
After completing the BSN program, the graduate will be able to:
- Function in the beginning role of a baccalaureate generalist nurse in settings that cross all populations and environments
- Be proficient in the core nursing competencies of clinical/critical reasoning, patient safety, and quality improvement principles
- Maintain interprofessional collaboration and communication to improve healthcare outcomes
- Master the required core knowledge for baccalaureate generalist nursing practice
- Demonstrate professionalism and its values (including altruism, autonomy, human dignity, social justice, and integrity) as a baccalaureate generalist nurse
An informational meeting for prospective students will be held Friday, August 29, 2014, from 1:00 - 3:00 PM at
University Hall 109. Complimentary Parking will be provided by UCCS Parking Services in Lot N at University Hall 12:00 - 5:00 PM on this day only.
- Applications accepted September 1 - November 1
- Notification of Acceptance - February
- Classes begin May 18, 2015 with a mandatory half-day Orientation Session
View Informational Videos/Files:
Approved or Accredited by:
Contact Linda Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you are interested in this program or would like an unofficial transcript review.
Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: October 13, 2014