Update Contact Information | Newsletter | Give to Beth-El College | Trek the Trail
1907 - First Graduating Class
Class of 1961 - Golden Graduates attend the 2011 Convocation
- 1904 - Established as Colorado Conference Deaconess Hospital and Nurses Training School by the Colorado Conference Women's Home Missionary Society
- 1911 - Bethel Hospital, formerly known as the Colorado Conference Deaconess Hospital and Nurses Training School, opened its new facility on East Boulder Street in Colorado Springs. The land had been donated by General William Palmer, founder of Colorado Springs, and the hospital was supervised by the Colorado Conference Women's Home Missionary Society until 1925
- 1913 - The spelling of the name was changed to Beth-El Hospital
- 1922 - Control of Beth-El Hospital was transferred from the Colorado Conference Women's Home Missionary Society to the Board of Hospitals, Homes and Deaconess Work of the Methodist Episcopal Church.
The hospital became Beth-El General Hospital, and the nurses training school became the Beth-El School of Nursing
- 1943 - Both the hospital and school of nursing were sold to the City of Colorado Springs
- 1997 - Merged with University of Colorado at Colorado Springs on July 1, after a voter referendum
The College has provided excellence in health care education for the community of Colorado Springs since 1904. It is our goal to continue this tradition of excellence while promoting innovative advances that establish Beth-El as a leader in nursing and health science education. Achieving this goal takes all of us – administration, students, faculty and staff working together to create a campus community where excellence takes place in a climate of caring.
We are always interested in hearing from our alumni! Use the links above to update your contact information, view our newsletter archives or give to Beth-El.
Copyright 2002-2012 Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: November 11, 2012