Media Relations serves as UCCS's official communicaiton link to local, regional, and national media.
The Office of Media Relations serves as the university's official communication link to local, regional and national media. In many cases, Media Relations staff serve as official university spokespersons. In other cases, Media Relations staff work actively with faculty to publicize their work at the university or to link media members in search of faculty expertise. Faculty members are encouraged to work in coordination with Media Relations when contacted by the media or to develop publicity plans to highlight faculty research, service and teaching.
University Advancement unit responds to hundreds of inquiries and produces more than 60 press releases annually. The unit also provides informal and formal guidance to faculty and staff about responding to media inquiries or promoting actions through the mass media. University Advancement staff members also serve as advisers to the student newspaper and to the campus radio station.
FAQ for Press Releases and Working with the Media
UCCS Fast Facts
Looking for quick information about UCCS? This page is full of UCCS facts and figures for your referencing pleasure. It is also available as an easily-printable two-page PDF. See UCCS Fast Facts »
Links and Resources
- Campus Map
- CU Connections – The CU System newsletter
- The Scribe – The UCCS student-run campus newspaper
- "Behold the Power of the Lowly Press Release" – An article from the Chronicle of Higher Education
- "Writing Great Online News Releases" (PDF) – An article from PRWeb by VOCUS
- "7 reasons your PR efforts aren't working" – An article from Ragan's PR Daily